Monday, December 7, 2015

It's time to...be happy? (Elder Morford's first transfer!)

We (missionaries) got to play soccer with a local high school team here in Tamale.  We lost, 3-2, but it was a good game!



I am being transferred. I never thought I would miss these people so much, but the people of Tamale are so powerful, kind, and generous.  Sister F fed me my last meal in Tamale: the biggest bowl of Fu-fu I have ever seen.  She also gave us treats and things like that, but what made me really sad was that on Sunday, everyone got up and bore their testimonies about how the missionaries had touched their lives.  Never in my life have I felt such an impact.  I knew that missionaries were essential to the conversion of the people, but I had to remind myself that all of these people sitting in the Chapel were all converts and had the impact of missionaries in their lives.  Sweet is the work that we, as missionaries get to do, and the lives that we get to be a part of.  These people are so amazing and I will miss them.  But God has plans for me, in other places.  

I am being transferred to Suame, Kumasi, and i might be serving with another American, cool right? :D



Many times have I cried to God.  Many times have I cried to God for my family.  And many times have I cried to God for the well-being of the people of this world.  I am having a "Nephi" kind of experience here on mission, and how grateful I am to God for that.  



I know I am sending pictures, a lot, but I don't have time to tell stories for each one. Maybe when I get back we can all sit around the table and go down memory lane.... :) 



 This mission has taught me so much, even in the first 3 months I have been here.  I am grateful to God for making it sweet for me.  Life here on mission is so much fun and so rewarding, but it's also very hard.  Seeing the spirit in the lives of other people is a special witness... but that's what we are. That's what we should be: witnesses of Jesus Christ.  No matter how hard life gets, or how scary Satan may be in our lives, there is always refuge in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I have a divine witness and testimony that He does live and He does care that each one of His children return back to Him, with honor.

May we, as His chosen servants, and children do the work willingly, pressing on with steadfastness in Christ is my humble prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Morford

PS- I thank you all for the package that was sent to me!! I love you all. :')


No comments:

Post a Comment