Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 11, 2016

Our great friend, Marty Hill, passed away.  I let Chris know in my email to him:

Mother... I am so sad to hear about Marty. But he lived 9 years longer than he was expected to and he has touched that many more people's lives over that time. How grateful I have been for the opportunity to know him and his family.  May the Lord bless them in this time of need.

This week we taught 23 lessons, have 11 new investigators, and have 5 baptismal dates just for the month of January. Crazy right??? This mission is pretty powerful.  So, this week we taught a man named Bro. Ruben who had just seen the church and came and visited.  He was so blown away in what we believe that he came up to us right after church and asked where he could learn more.  We then taught him the next Tuesday.  He chose to drop everything he was doing that was not in line with the gospel and live a life that God would be proud of.  He said that that was his goal, to make God proud of him.  He broke up with his girlfriend, he told his boss he wasn't working Sundays, and just things like that.  It is so amazing to see the gospel change someone so fast.  may the Lord bless him.

I love you and I hope everything is going well with the family! I love you all!

Elder Son



Pounding Foo-Foo

My lock screen pic for the week



This little girl reminded Chris of his little sister.  He sent her this one.


I am so very happy to be here in this mission and I am so happy that I could have the experiences that I am having on this mission.  Many miracles have happened and many sad things have happened too, but this miracle I would like to talk about is very special.  

My companion and I were having fun during the Holidays, not exactly being obedient.  Then, both me and my companion made it a goal that we would finish 2016 strong so we kept on the schedule and finding things to do to further the work instead of having fun and goofing off.  Now, this past Sunday was a blessing.  We usually have 1-3 investigators come to church, but this past Sunday we had 6!! Also, 2 new investigators every day that we were working, one of which is very serious about The Church just after a week and a half of knowing about it.  He is reading the Book of Mormon and knows that everything we teach is true.  

The Lord is behind this work, and is doing amazing things.  All we have to do is be willing to accept the calling to do His work through us.
How grateful I am for this work.  How grateful I am for the Spirit and how grateful I am for the experience to learn and to grow.
We have had fun on these Holidays, and so here are these pictures. I hope you enjoy them. :)
I love you all and I hope that you take time to remember the Lord this year, all the way through!!
Elder Morford









No comments:

Post a Comment