Monday, October 19, 2015

Well, this week... has been... you know...



Well, to start off, I just want all of you to know that I love and care about each of you.  I think about how much joy has been brought to my life by each and every one of you and I want to thank each one of you for doing so!!

This week has been hard.  We have swept the streets, searched the houses, and combed the fields, but we seem to find just Muslims.  

What's wrong with that? Nothing! They are great people! But you have to realize why we can't teach them.  If they commit to being baptized and be a part of this church, they will become hunted.  The law in Islam is if you leave the religion, the penalty is death, or hurt physically... it's really sad.



As you may have found out already, we had district meeting and I came and talked with the Brinks after I ate.  Very sweet couple that reminded me of my grandparents!! :)  The food was AMAZING as well. :) 

Anyway, yesterday we had dinner at the District President's house and had fish stew, (the whole fish, scales, all) yams, and plantains (like bananas). Over this dinner we laughed, talked and told stories that we had in our lives.  It was great!!  



This meeting was also for a brother who will be baptized next Sunday.  We just wanted to teach him a lesson about covenants, the priesthood, and enduring to the end.  It was really amazing to feel the spirit speaking through me.  It was as if I wasn't even talking, yet words were flowing out of my mouth!! It is an incredible feeling!!



Also yesterday, I got to see the other part of our area.  Really interesting...  






Anyway, this work has been going slow, but persistent!!  I can feel the love that you have for me, even though I am halfway across the world!!

Just know that I am praying for you too.  I love and miss you all.

Go study your scriptures when you get the chance! They change your life, if you allow them to!! So allow them to! XD

Love,

Elder Morford

No comments:

Post a Comment